Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) is a second generation, more advanced and improved treatment option to Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP). PRF, is an all-natural solution that can treat areas in the face that show the first signs of aging, like under-eye hollows, deflated cheeks and enhanced nasolabial folds.
Harvested PRP has platelets, fibrin and white blood cells, which helps achieve wound healing, collagen production and improved elasticity. PRF contains a very high concentration of white blood cells, fibrin and a small number of stem cells found circulating in our bloodstream. PRF becomes a gel after 15 to 20 minutes of being isolated and immediately upon being injected. This process allows it to be used for cosmetic volume. It also can be used during microneedling to increase the healing process.
PRF vs. PRP
- Superior treatment option, produces growth factors in a period of 7 days
- NO additives. PRF is the body's own natural fluid that it uses to heal itself
- Slower release of cells for extended results
- Accelerates wound healing and tissue regeneration
- Has larger share of product over PRP
- Contains more healing factor, stem cells and white blood cells
- Spun at a slower rate for less trauma to the cells
- Short duration of cytokine release, produces growth factors over a series of hours
- Poor mechanical properties
- Requires more blood to be taken
- No white blood cells or stem cells
- Requires an anticoagulant to be used
- Can burn because of heparin and calcium
Why we chose to bring on PRF:
We are often asked about PRP treatments and if we offer them. From our research and experience we did not feel that PRP yielded the level of results we like to provide our clients. We have found PRF to be a superior and natural treatment option completely by itself and/or in conjunction with filler and microneedling.
If you are interested in if PRF is the right treatment for you, BOOK below.